Old August 16th 08, 10:30 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.misc,sci.skeptic,sci.environment.waste
Mike Jr.

Default sci.environment censorship or deleted? Graphs justifying globalwarming theory fabricated

On Aug 16, 9:44 am, Steve Wallis
wrote:
On 15 Aug, 01:17, "Mike Jr." wrote:

[snip]

http://www.weatherquestions.com/Roy-...al-warming.htm

That's a very interesting and persuasive page giving counter-arguments
to global warming theory.
Have advocates of that theory critiqued Roy Spencer's arguments?

Yes. For example, see he
http://tamino.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/spencers-folly/

I have read through this but I don't find their arguments persuasive.

The relative humidity of the atmosphere is not 100%. Yet the oceans
are a vast reservoir of water. Why isn't the atmosphere saturated?

Others have complained that the satellite record does show a warming
trend. But if you look at their data,
http://quikscat.com/data/msu/support...3_0_to_3_2.pdf

Temperature Middle Troposphere shows a trend of 0.116 K/decade
(warmer)

Temperature Troposphere / Stratosphere shows a trend of -0.004 K/
decade (cooler)

Temperature Lower Stratosphere shows a trend of -0.345 K/decade
(cooler)

The trend lines span 1980-2008 (pub. July 2008). The data was
published by Carl Mears who is not a Spencer fan.

More common are ad hominem attacks on Spencer, a sure sign that they
are having problems attacking his analysis. I know for example that I
have won an argument when my opponent either starts cussing or calls
me a Nazi.

:-)

--Mike Jr

[snip]