Old April 6th 08, 03:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
Al

Default 40th Anniversary of 2001:A Space Odyssey

On Apr 4, 11:28*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:

Saw the whole thing twice in 70 mm *film and Cinerama
As *far as movies go, it's the cinematographic form of the "The
Emperor's New Clothes".

Pat

Interesting how many film critics, historians and buffs disagree with
you on that.
In the every 10 year critics poll that the British Film Institute
does, 2001, jumped out of
nowhere to 6th place as the best film of all time.
To me it is the deepest film about time and space and biological
evolution, all that
BIG THINKS stuff H.G. Wells spoke of.
A very difficult film and totally ground breaking if taken
seriously.....
which I think many people are not willing to do, to much thought has
to be put into it.