Old March 5th 13, 02:48 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,alt.religion,alt.philosophy
Mahipal

Default Ethics & The Future of Brain Research

On Mar 3, 11:45*pm, (Will Janoschka) wrote:
On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 23:47:17, Mahipal wrote:
On Mar 2, 10:11’pm, alien8er wrote:
On Feb 23, 8:06’am, Immortalist wrote:

[trim, for now, will return later]

When a cat hears a dog bark some think it has visual memories of dogs.
The association areas of the brain are mainly between the areas where
sensory inputs are mapped and these areas connect the senses together.

’ Yes, humans (and other chordates) are wired to think associatively.

’ I agree with my pal Mahipal- "me" always changes.

All known objects are processes. Consciousness is as much an object as
other processes that re-present a present moment through changing
stuff, everything is constantly changing and opposite things are
identical, so that everything is and is not at the same time. In other
words, Universal Flux and the Identity of Opposites may entail a
denial of the Law of Non-Contradiction, since all things go and
nothing stays, and comparing existents to the flow of a river which
you cannot step twice into. On those stepping into rivers staying the
same other and other waters flow. There is an antithesis between
'same' and 'other,' different waters flow in rivers staying the same,
though the waters are always changing, the rivers stay the same.

’ No, they don't, any more than does Theseus' boat. Rivers come into
existence, merge, meander, split, and dry up over time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile#The_Eonile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?vxrFYK3mQ0vg

Youtube is good only for performance arts...
give a damn transcript with your cat dances... I say.

Nadiya Chale Chale Re Dhara - Safar (1970)

River flows, flows its stream - Journey (1970)

"oh... naav toh kya baha jaaye kinaara
badee hee tej samay kee hai dhaara
tujhko chalna hoga, tujhko chalna hoga - (2)"

Simplistically, with less thought than it deserves, translated...

What?... Not just the boat, the river's edge does flow...
Even the stream of time is too fast...
You will have to move on, You will have to change - (2)

I swear no one knows this song, poem!
Yet it is deeper than the highest mountain... ykwim...

-- Mahipal

I think I get it, Then, aw ****, everything moved
Now what!. *Have you any advice on how
to handle ridiculelisness?

I am under this misbegotten assumption that literature, art, ...,
music are noble aspirations. I've been wrong before, and I brainwash
easy.

If everything moves, or changes, then what drives it me us? Not having
the what well identified, or merely defined, is weird. Without it, the
why questions are likely way off target.

On http://www.iep.utm.edu/heraclit/
"Heraclitus lived in Ephesus, an important city on the Ionian coast of
Asia Minor, not far from Miletus, the birthplace of philosophy."

Isn't that special! Philosophy has one and only one birthplace,
Miletus.

Perhaps you were looking for numerical answers. I like GR=1.618...

Enjo(y)... Cheers!
--
Mahipal, pronounced "My Pal" or "Maple"... Maple Loops, Syrup, Wood.

http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/
"If the line between science fiction and science fact
doesn't drive you crazy, then you're just not tr(y)ing!"