Old August 13th 18, 04:54 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Launch of NASA's Parker Solar Probe

JF Mezei wrote on Sun, 12 Aug 2018
23:17:03 -0400:

On 2018-08-12 22:32, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/08/1...toric-mission/

You know, I just realized, we can actually make a joke about them launching
a solar probe at night!

A few months ago, I was told sending somethin to the sun was impossible
because woulf require way too much energy).

So leaving earth, what direction is the Parker probe in such that it
will have elliptical orbits around the sun as per the graph in the above
article?

Is it heading straight for the sun? Or a combination of stright to the
sun AND opposite Earth's orbit around the sun to drop its orbit around sun ?

Jesus, will you learn something about basic orbits?

territory."
--G. Behn