Old March 8th 04, 03:22 AM
Llanzlan Klazmon The 15th

Default Accurate position of the Sun

(Graham) wrote in
om:

Greetings all,

I am looking for the most accurate way to determine the position of
the sun with respect to an orbiting satellite. I've searched on the
web and received conflicting information from our astronomy department
on whether the JPL solar ephemeris data is suitable. The problem with
using HORIZON is that I need the solar position relative to an
orbiting satellite and in reading the documentation, it isn't
particularly obvious how to do this. Moreover, I need to be able to
calculate the position accurately until 2005.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Graham

Why?. What is the problem, are you just needing to convert between
different coordinates?

Llanzlan.