Old January 15th 05, 09:23 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Ken wrote:

After watching the event on NASA TV, I'd have to say that I somewhat agree
with the analysis.

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/oped-05g.html

I agree too. They way I'd put it is that I didn't think it impossible
that anybody could do a worse job than NASA TV! Just as bad--yes, but
worse? Oh my.

Am I the only one who noticed the panelists at the first press
conference play dumb when the reporters asked repeatedly about the
consequences of the loss of the B channel? On the other hand, I saw the
MER people pull the same thing once. Regardless, it is sort of painful
to watch these really smart people pretend to be dullards!

Note for my thin-skinned Euro friends: this is just some friendly
criticism of the broadcast/event only; it has nothing at all to do with
the very successful mission itself! Please don't infer otherwise.