Old March 21st 07, 01:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones

Default Falcon first stage finished

Damon Hill wrote:
Rick Jones wrote in

It certainly was - is that "normal?" Didn't look that way to my
untrained peanut-gallery eyes.

That would be normal for a radiatively cooled engine like this
design. I've seen others heated to a yellow glow.

OK - I guess I was just expecting it to be a bit more uniform. Is it
just the first stage engine then that is ablatively cooled?

The video we did get was most dramatic!

That is certainly true. Well worth the price of admission

rick jones