Old August 12th 05, 06:44 AM
OM

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:41:27 -0500, "Matt Wiser"
wrote:

OM, I wouldn't call police officers, Military and commercial pilots, air traffic controllers,
military personnel, merchant and naval ship crews, and other trained observers "crackpots
and wackos."

....I'm not. I'm referring to the Brad Guth type, who are extreme
mental cases, or the Betty & Barney Hill types, who are not only
mental cases, but concoct these stories for whatever reason(*) their
addled minds deems fit to **** and annoy people off. Those are the
ones who "see" a "light" and embellish the "observation" with an
abduction, anal probing, and stories of hybrid human-alien kids.

(*) In the case of the Hills, it's now pretty much accepted fact that
they stole the plot of an episode of "The Outer Limits" as the
foundation of their story of being abducted, and then went public with
the whole mess to embarass the hell out of their families. For those
not familiar with the case, the Hills were a Black-White interracial
couple at a time when such "miscegenation" was viewed by many in the
country on both sides of the segregational fence as tadamount to
treason. Barney Hill died in '69, but since then over the decades
Betty Hill hasn't admitted she and her husband were hoaxters, but she
*has* been rather jumping for joy at the embarassment and
consternation that their families - especially the parents - have gone
through, citing they were simply getting their just rewards for being
racists and denouncing their marraige.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr