Old May 25th 14, 11:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

On Sunday, May 25, 2014 2:50:54 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Brad, you might have a point with that thicker atmosphere. Perhaps it better buoyed up those dinosaurs' big bloated bodies.

Bert, I hope you operation is successful.

My experience in the hospital was a little different this time. Every time I go I am more amazed by the advances. They completely scanned my abdomen with an ultrasound wand. No need for MRI or X-rays.

The doctors made brief appearances, assured me I was in their care, and prescribed courses of treatment in godlike manner without even examining me. They were dressed to a T in perfectly starched clothes and gleaming white coats. They have learned that being well tailored gives them the same placebo power of healing as a medicine man's rattle!

The one doctor who paid me special attention was a beautiful young doctor named Rachel. She took care to set me up with the free place in downtown Portland for recuperation after I left. She patted me on the hand before I left, and it meant a lot.

Now I go to the Portland Oldtown Clinic 3 times a week and have a nurse, who has taken a shine to me, change the bandages on my legs which ere infected. She is a great conversationalist, and I have told her about some of my friends on Usenet.

I pretty much have a low cost laptop picked out to buy, but am still looking for a more permanent place to live. Hope I find a place with free WiFi..

Double-A

Stick close to a university or public center, and there should be something public funded that you can leach from.

Portland has some of the best used book stores, and those likely offer a WiFi service without charge. Most churches should offer something of a WiFi in exchange for contributing a few hours of your community services for handing out food and/or visiting with the elderly.

You should be able to teach a public class on using computers and the internet (most of the time spent fixing whatever they screwed up).

Walmart sells some really cheap computers for less then $200, and perhaps store display demos or as returned merchandise that's slightly surface damaged for as little as half that amount.