Old January 4th 04, 11:54 PM
Marshall Perrin

Default Math behind converting kinematic radial velocities of clouds to

PrisNo6 wrote:
I am interested in studying how to convert radial velocity data on
hydrogen, CO and molecular clouds in the Milky Way into galactic x-y
spatial maps. I have a general understanding of Oort constants. Would
someone please post some article or book references that I can use as
a study starting point? Thanks - Kurt

Any decent galactic dynamics book will cover this. A good one to start
with would be _Galactic Astronomy_ by Binney & Merrifield.
(ISBN 0-691-02565-7, Princeton University Press.)

- Marshall