Old September 4th 03, 03:31 PM
Scott Milner

Default Information for buyers of goods from Ukraine

"David" wrote in message
om...
(ValeryD) wrote in message news:
snip
Once again my advice - contact the holders of refurbished and testing
units and offer them an exchange or some form of compensation. The
problem would be if you do not know where such units ended. One more
reason for having serial numbers.

David

Just curious and no offense intended, but if that unit, (or a totally
refurbished, like-new Nagler) was in absolutely perfect and like-new
condition, why would the end user care as long as it worked perfectly
and did the job as advertised?

I have seen some people on Astromart pass up a perfectly immaculate
eyepiece, for a great price, because of a tiny barrel mark. I buy
eyepieces, filters, etc to actually use, not to display as a collection
in a glass case on the coffee table. There are quite a few items selling
on Astromart for MORE than original cost because someone wants that
particular piece and can't buy new because they aren't made any more.
Such as the Orion 10.5mm Megavista, and for awhile, the Lumicon UHC
filters. I saw one 1.25" UHC sell for $145. Lots of AP APO's sell for
more than cost because of the waiting list.

Scott