Old January 31st 04, 06:34 AM
Tom McDonald

Default First Moonwalk? A Russian Perspective

\The Commentator// wrote:

Tito Abao wrote:

Parkes in New South Wales stands the pride and joy of Australian
astronomy,

To all you folks who believe the Moon Landing never happened I refer
you to the story of the Parkes, New South Wales Dish doc-drama. Those
lads lied to NASA about having the Moon Lander.......one of the tech
goofed and they had to scramble to get it back.....but, they didn't
tell NASA they lost the Lander. I not sure of all the details but, if
those lads had not found the Lander for some technical reasons I don't
get...the Lander would have been lost in space....i.e.....no TV
pictures would have been available to the world at that historic
moment.

If it wasn't there HOW DID THEY FIND IT???

QED

TA

What the hell are you trying to say?

I read this as talking about a radio telescope in Oz that was
part of the network used to communicate with the Apollo
astronauts. It sounds as though this fellow is saying that they
lost lock on the lander at some point, and had to scan to find it
again. If I read this right, he seems to be saying that this
occurred just before the time some interesting event was to
happen (? landing; ? first step on the Moon?).

Just my guess.

Tom McDonald