Old January 31st 04, 04:40 AM
Tom McDonald

Default First Moonwalk? A Russian Perspective

Astronaut wrote: [Well, no, he didn't; Daniel Joseph Min, one of
the greatest chicken-**** idiots on the web did.]

This is an excellent article...I've quoted it verbatim:

[begin quote http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/...28_space.html]
"Russia Continues to Surpass Americans in the
Space Race 01/30/2004 16:55

snip

While I'm not familiar with how fast the
rockets were, traveling at 1,200 miles per hour,
it would be approximately a 20-day journey each
way, provided there were no problems. Even at 2-3
times that speed, it would still be a difficult
journey. The amount of fuel required would be
staggering, with the added weight of people, food,
air, supplies, etc. Yet somehow, these rockets
managed to go much, much faster in a zero
atmosphere with nothing with which to propel?

I can say without fear of rational contradiction that the whole
article (save for some accurate historical bits) is fully the
equal of this snippet in terms of insight, scientific knowledge
and reason.

NASA will be so pleased to know that they really only have to
get their rockets to 1,200 miles per hour to leave earth orbit.

OTOH, the USAF and USN will have to put governors on their
fighters, lest they reach escape velocity.

We must certainly give Min credit for bringing this to our
attention, and saving lots of headaches in our aero-space concerns.

snip

Tom McDonald