Old December 1st 03, 05:44 PM
Christopher

Default Human Exploration of Mars

On 1 Dec 2003 08:07:53 -0800, (Abdul Ahad)
wrote:

That should comfort American's who are worried their jobs may go to
China that their tax dollars are paying to go to Mars.

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."
Winston Churchill

There are very few voices out there advocating manned Mars missions,
so I reckon the Planetary Society deserves some credit for the
important effort that it makes on behalf of its 100,000+ members who
represent the world's largest private spaceflight interest
enthusiasts.

Free enterprise has powered human endevour through the ages, it's
about time the 'Planetary Society' displayed some American
capitalistic drive to reach it's goal.

Let's face it, without societies like the Mars Society and Planetary
Society keeping pressure on congress for decent future goals like
Mars, I think the US space program will continue drifting aimlessly
for a great many more years to come.

The US space program needs to reinvent itself and not just provide
employment to 20,000 pen pushers, and rely a $14 billion umbilical
cord full of public money.

My generation was too young to see men on the Moon and it will be nice
to see people on Mars, soon. Dreams!

So build you're own spacecraft and go to Mars as a private mission
then.

Christopher
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."