Old November 28th 17, 09:42 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Rick,

the FSQ is a bit on the steep side especially when considering the dollar per inch of aperture ratio. That said there aren't too many scopes that can handle a CCD chip as large as yours. And the weight of camera and filter wheel would tax most focusers of cheaper telescopes.

Somehow I can't really imagine you doing wide field stuff, but if you wanted to something like an 80/480mm FPL53 triplet
https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop...en-Auszug.html
plus a TS 2.5 inch flattener
https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop...otografie.html
would be a cheap alternative to an FSQ, even if you had to crop away some stars on the borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA0CKY View Post
Narrowband makes this one good even from within the light dome of Berlin.

At least you had scopes of less focal length than my 3650 to 3680 (longer in cold weather). I'd need a minimum of 16 frames to capture this one. I once did a Ha of a small part of it but haven't returned to it. I keep saying I need to get something short. I've now twice had a chance to buy an FSQ but so far budget said nope!

Rick
Stefan