Old November 19th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson

Default ASTRO: wide-field - Lyra, Draco, Hercules

Main problem with JPEG I have is it fades the colors. If I boost the
saturation to about 1.35 in Elements it looks awful but then when
converted to a JPEG it comes out about right. Just remember not to do
that to the original!

Rick

George Normandin wrote:
A 4.5 minute exposure with a Canon Rebel DSLR and 28-200mm lens. There was
nothing too exciting in this image so I thought I'd 'improve' it a little by
adding the constellation lines.

Unfortunately this image lost a lot when I compressed it for posting. The
original is better.

George N