Old January 29th 05, 03:12 AM
Twittering One

*
You ponder a certain thought, which, I think,
Can or not to be related to our dinner. I light
The light of the kitchen, open the door of refrigerator.
The radishes roll outside,
On the floor...

*

Perhaps you breathe an uneasy sigh.
But what waits, what is this?
A raster plucks out these sounds,
Ropes my instrument. Our sound board transports
Us beyond the noise. Company, they hear,
What I am, our legend. But nothing guarantees
I will half myself, heal my dividing wound, alchemize
A good answer before the evening’s close.
But sufficient time remains before midnight. Our company,
Our audience, once more throws a pair of dice,
Hoping for our paradise, our view of The Occasion
Identifies to me my white lily. Another toss
Of the Game of Chance, and alas,
Finally, I win, score the correct points! If only because
The sides, all four, gathered now outside our door,
But not by coincidence. In their sheet music,
Their booklet’s score, my pages
They have so diligently collected, inspected, harmonized,
To help me recollect. But what, O, have I
Already forgotten, or have you? To collect you
Now I come. If we, to evening, our Fate’s arrival know,
Please, may we now eat? I require your company,
As in our former times. Now, or later?
You seem intent on understanding me, and you
Refer to my question of you, reflect more,
With a knowing expression, before you
Solemnly bend your head to mind, makes gestures
I only vaguely recall, but know well enough to oblige,
And now you bless our pleasing time, our dinner,
In order to eat together this evening. Our company,
They examine us from a far, know this distance
Ponders, harmonizes a certain ordained thought,
Which, I think, I know, or not, but for now, it matters
Not, for, only our dinner I want, in communion,
Where we recollect our lost connection, where
Now we gather these strands of time, tossed
From the sea, washed up, now, on the sand. And I,
To the end of the light, searched, finally found
You standing in the kitchen, where I now see
You open the door of the refrigerator. The radishes
Already rolled outside, over the floor,
On my soil...

*
_______
Blog, or dog? Who knows.
But if you see my lost pup, please ping me!
http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo