Old November 22nd 20, 11:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Rick C. Hodgin

Default The solar system is an Earth manufacturing and reclamation system

On 11/15/20 7:53 PM, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
On 10/24/20 6:42 PM, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
You can stay up-to-date with this web link:

Â*Â*Â*Â* http://www.3alive.org

It has links to the simulation source code on GitHub.Â* It's a Visual
Studio 2008 project that uses freeglut and Open GL for rendering the
simulation.

Again, I'm looking for someone to post scientific data or Bible
references which categorically refute this theory.

After many late nights and weekends, I have the preliminary algorithms
for the next phase of this project completed!Â* Oh what a wonderful feeling!

I've published the source code for this project at the link on the
website above.

I'm to the point where I need help. I have created a system that takes
land areas on the Earth and shrinks the Earth down to Mars size,
allowing those land areas to be moved around on the Earth so they
compress back together.

I have it close, but it's not right. I need someone to help me work
through the process of positioning everything as it goes back toward
Mars size.

-----
If you download the source code, it will load the settings.dat file,
which includes my first alpha attempt to shrink the Earth to its
original size.

To use the software, load it into Visual Studio. There's a fixup in
const.h if you want to use F12 without the debugger bothering you.

Compile in Release x64 mode. Press F5. And you'll be in "5:Earth Edit"
mode to go into edit mode. And in "4:Solar System Assembly Line" mode
to see the simulation that's on the video.

You'll have to tweak the size if you're not on a 1680x1050 monitor like
I am. :-) Use the numpad+, numpad-, numpad*, numpad/ keys to adjust the
size.

It's setup presently to use a Super Nintendo style gamepad. I can tweak
it to use keystrokes if anybody's interested in helping me. Please let
me know.

-----
What do I need help on?

1) My algorithm for projecting mapped data off the sphere onto a flat
plane is not correct. The further it gets away from the north pole, the
more distorted it is.

2) Help with the reverse (shrinking) Earth simulation to position the
Pangaea-like conglomeration of land masses onto the smaller Earth so
they fold together seamlessly.

Thank you in advance!

--
Rick C. Hodgin