Old November 5th 06, 09:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy,de.sci.astronomie,fr.sci.astronomie
Odysseus

Default M1 - Crab Nebula in Taurus

In article ,
Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:

snip

I just posted some Greek text above to see if it makes it through or
not. Using the Mozilla reader in Netscape, I select View-Character
Encoding-Greek (ISO-8859-7) and the message is now enabled for Greek
characters. Next, I then select GR in my Windows (XP) toolbar so that
the keyboard can write Greek letters using the existing English keyboard
on my Dell and I am all set.

Although my usual newsreader, MT-Newswatcher v3.5.1, was able to
identify the encoding correctly, the Greek text was garbled in the
display. However, it looks just fine in Mozilla Thunderbird v1.5.0.7, so
I presume the fault is MT-NW's and neither my system's (Mac OS 10.4.8)
nor at your end.

--
Odysseus