Old September 1st 03, 08:26 PM
Rand Simberg

Default Shuttle dumped within 5 years

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 18:13:07 GMT, in a place far, far away,
(Christopher) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Personally, I think there is going to be sticker shock on Capitol Hill
when someone there finally adds up OSP/ATV/EELV costs and figures out
that it won't save a penny versus the Shuttle. Then there will be a
lot of back-pedalling, talk of waiting for a cheaper launcher to come
along, and another Shuttle service life extension program.

And when the fleet is reduced to two shuttles, what then?

Keep flying until it's reduced to zero, or decide that maybe the
nation has been taking a flawed approach to manned spaceflight (which
the OSP simply perpetuates).

interglobal space lines * 307 733-1715 (Fax)
http://www.interglobal.org