Old February 14th 04, 12:14 AM
Explorer8939

Default Don't Desert Hubble

I have to say that I am surprised how lightly everyone is taking the
ISS safe haven concept for Shuttle. What if a Shuttle is stranded at
ISS, and something goes wrong with the next Progress that is required
to keep the 10 person crew going? Is the ISS safe haven truly 2 fault
tolerant?

Brett Buck wrote in message ...
Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm, I have not seen anywhere any detailed, data supported reasons for the
cancellations yet. Lots of words, but no arguable reason for it.

so, what is the reason?

Seems perfectly simple and well-defined to me. No on-orbit repair
capability because it's too expensive, no ready rescue flight because
it's too expensive, so all shuttle flight go to ISS as a safe haven.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Brett