Old November 25th 18, 06:13 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default SpaceX gets FCC approval to deploy thousands more internet satellites

JF Mezei wrote on Sat, 24 Nov 2018
18:23:43 -0500:

On 2018-11-24 09:31, Jeff Findley wrote:

I'll put one of my prior points more bluntly. SpaceX hired experts in
the field to design Starlink. Doing dumb things that random people on
the Internet can think of would run counter to that.

McCall argued that SpaceX's fancy lasers between satellites had more
capacity than a bundle of fibres could ever have. I was responding to
that, not whether SpaceX know what they are doing.

I argued no such thing. Once again your deficient reading skills and
defective intellect appear to have betrayed you.

McCall seems to think satellites can rival ground fibre in terms of
capacity.

I don't feel particularly responsible for how things seem to a nutter
of your magnitude.

SpaceX may be designing their constellation very smartly and make major
improvements over existing satellite tech. But that doesn't make it
instantly better than what the groiund can offer in terms of capacity.

Please point to where anyone made such a claim, you pestilential
prevaricating possum.

Seriously though. Lots of very brilliant and successful people have
very odd personalities. Musk's Tweets are a prime example.

Which is why one should wait for actual accomplishements rather that
believe in an almost religious fashion everything Musk promises in his
tweets.

So what are YOUR "actual accomplishments", Mayfly, other than being
known for stupid posts and the taking the rather preposterous
anti-vaccine position?

-- Thomas Jefferson