Old November 24th 18, 08:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default SpaceX gets FCC approval to deploy thousands more internet satellites

JF Mezei wrote on Fri, 23 Nov 2018
23:32:21 -0500:

On 2018-11-23 19:11, Fred J. McCall wrote:

I'm not curious at all, since I'm aware that laser light 'looks' very
different from sunlight to a sensor.

Which spectrum does a laser use that the sun doesn't emit?

I see you don't understand how lasers work, either. You need to think
about spot power of a monochromatic source.

If both transmit "red" light, then the sensor wont see the alternating
pulses from the other satellite because while the pulse is off, the
sensor will still show 100% red light instead of 0 siunce the sun will
saturate the sensor at 100% whether the other satellite's laser is
pulsed "on" or "off".

Again, if we let someone like you design something stupidly it will
have problems. It's why they don't let people like you design such
things.

-- Thomas Jefferson