Old November 5th 18, 12:12 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Russia returns Soyuz rocket to flight

JF Mezei wrote on Mon, 5 Nov 2018
01:28:34 -0500:

On 2018-11-04 19:08, Fred J. McCall wrote:

You assume incorrectly. Essentially no air means essentially no wind.

Pressure may be "near" 0, but what causes one to state essentially no
wind when considering the speed at which the rocket is going?

The speed of the rocket has nothing to do with 'wind'. Take a physics
course.

I knwo the stack reached a peak of 93km altitude (where air density is
very very very negligible) but unsure on what altitude the incident
happened.

A little over 130,000 feet is where staging occurs. This is
preposterously easy to find out.

Scouring through Russian SpaceWeb, I find booster separation at roughly
118 seconds happens at roughly 48km altitude. This is when the incident
happened.

See? Like I said. Ridiculously easy to find. Even you managed it.

So air density wouldn't be so nill at that altitude
considering the speed rocket is going at.

The air density also has nothing to do with the speed of the rocket.
It is what it is. Pressure at that altitude is around 0.04 psi. That
qualifies as a medium quality vacuum.

-- Thomas Jefferson