Old October 27th 13, 12:17 PM posted to sci.space.history
Stuf4

Default Space Race Driven By Nuclear Threat - Shift Toward Understanding

From Brad Guth:
snip
: The mutually perpetrated cold-war era was always intended to benefit and
: promote each of the respective MICs. Russia was never a direct or even an
: indirect threat to honest hard working Americans. Russia and the US basically
: created North Korea. Obviously you've never been an honest hard working
: American, so there's always going to be a problem no matters what the
: evidence of insiders and their skulduggery has to say. Are you actually
: suggesting that our government and its dozens of agencies have always told us
: the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

In our current age of Wikileaks and such, I don't think there is anyone around who would maintain that our government has a sterling record of honesty.

~ CT