Old August 12th 06, 06:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
rhw007

Default Can NASA return to the Moon by 2019?

Paul Foley wrote:
Didn't we already go to the moon, like, in the 1970s?

If so I would like to know what happened to the 700 or so TV film and
movie tapes that NASA 'lost' recently.

Also would certainly appreciate NASA doing SOMETHING to preserve still
photographs:

Of the 47,934 total Apollo and support missions photographs,

fewer than 1350 are faithful digital reproductions.~

This means that very little over 2% of this photography has ever been
seen by the public.

This is unacceptable.

http://www.keithlaney.net/project_fr...llo_images.htm

But since they lost the Apollo tapes I unfortunately think they may
'loose' some of these nearly 48,000 images locked in vaults in Houston.

Bob...