Old May 3rd 08, 01:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: Supernova SN 2008bt in Galaxy NGC 3404

that's very nice George.

You always find the "topical" stuff. Ijust shoot the old static stuff out
there.

"George Normandin" wrote in message
Image taken with SBIG STL-1301E thru an OGS 20-inch F/8 RC Cass at 2:30 UT
on May 1, 2008. My focus was a little off on this one and a sattlite when
thru one of the eleven 60 second subexposures.

SN 2008bt is a type Ia and I measured it at magnitude 16.3.

NGC 3404 (aka IC 2609) is not much of a galaxy for small telescopes at
magnitude 14 and 2 arc minutes. The type is uncertain, but is probably a
barred spiral seen edge-on.

For more info see: http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/n3404.htm

George N