Old March 16th 07, 08:04 AM posted to sci.astro.research
[email protected]

Default Barred galaxies mass distribution

On Mar 12, 10:37 pm, "Nicolaas Vroom"
wrote:
schreef in ...

Now I will attempt to prove that there can be no
DM structure formation theory that can explainMOND.
For this I will use the excellent fits at
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/mond/n1560.gif
and other similar fits at
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/mond/mdlg.gif
and athttp://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/mond/mdlg.gif_2

I have written a program to simulate galaxies usingMOND.

For a more general discussion related toMONDwhich
includes your references See:http://users.pandora.be/nicvroom/mond.htm
For a copy of the program see:http://users.pandora.be/nicvroom/.prgmond.htm

I am not able to access your site.

I hope you took care to apply MOND correctly. It has non-local
affects.
You cannot replace all mass within a sphere with a point mass, for
measuring its effect outside the sphere. It gives non-intuitive
effects.
Check the explanation at
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/mond/mondnbody.ps

Other numerical approaches are necessary. For example, Brada's
thesis.
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/mond/brada.uu
See also MLAPM.
http://www.aip.de/People/AKnebe/MLAPM/

When we have a quantized Ads/CFT theory of gravity, which is the
equivalent of the other forces, nothing will work according to our
intuition. Time Dilation etc are intuitive compared to what we will
have ;-).

regards,
-anandsr