Old March 12th 07, 05:37 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Nicolaas Vroom

Default Barred galaxies mass distribution

schreef in bericht

Now I will attempt to prove that there can be no
DM structure formation theory that can explain MOND.
For this I will use the excellent fits at
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/mond/n1560.gif
and other similar fits at
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/mond/mdlg.gif
and at http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/mond/mdlg.gif_2

I have written a program to simulate galaxies using MOND.

For a more general discussion related to MOND which
includes your references See:
http://users.pandora.be/nicvroom/mond.htm
For a copy of the program see:
http://users.pandora.be/nicvroom/.prgmond.htm

You first url references NGC1560.
The url shows four rotation curves:
One Measured. One based on Newton's Law,
One based on MOND and one including Darkmatter.

If you make such a comparison the galaxy should have
the same amount of baryonic mass.
The problem is you cannnot make a simulation where
the speed of the MOND curve is twice the speed
of the Newton curve based on the same mass distribution.

(There is the parameter a0 which you can adapt, but that
makes the whole MOND concept rather speculative)

The second url shows 16 galaxies.
The problem is that many of the MOND curves the speed
at a certain distance decrease.
IMO such curves are not possible with MOND.

Ofcourse my simulations can be wrong.

See also the discussion topic:
"Disk Stability MOND and Dark Matter" in this newsgroup.
Nicolaas Vroom

http://users.pandora.be/nicvroom/