Old September 5th 18, 08:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Vokshod 1

So was talking with some folks about the Soyuz leak and someone joked about
finding who made the hole and sending him to Siberia or something like that.
I joked, "No, it'll be more like, 'Congrats Comrade, you've just earned a
seat on the next Soyuz flight'"

This was invoked by a memory of Vokshod 1.
I knew it was a ballsy flight, basically a Vostok without the ejection seat,
3 seats, and no space suits.

But reading up at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voskhod_1 I came across a
detail I had not heard before (or had missed).
There was NO launch escape system during the first 3 minutes of the flight.

I guess the shuttle wasn't the first.

Interesting.