Old January 2nd 04, 04:13 PM
James Nicoll

Default More good news

In article ,
Scott Lowther wrote:
Scientists closely monitoring Yellowstone

snip Yellowstone: not just for geology lessons anymore

From:
http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20031219.htm

Okay. Can we PLEASE get the hell off this damned rock???

No. I mean, in the sense the toolkit does not at present
exist.

It seems to me humans will likely continue to be present
on the Earth whether or not ET human populations are established
and it therefore makes sense to look at methods to survive Yellow-
stone or any of the other problem spots [1] should the worst
happen.

Food storage is an obvious first step. Not entirely certain
what to do about ash (not in the sense of stopping ashfall but limiting
the human deaths from it). I am mildly optimistic that this is a solvable
problem, much in the way limiting earthquake deaths was.

1: Who the heck ordered a major site for volcanism on the equator,
anyway?
--
"The Union Nationale has brought [Quebec] to the edge of an abyss.
With Social Credit you will take one step forward."

Camil Samson