Old January 29th 08, 03:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_1_]

Default If you want cold, you must go to the outer edge of the Milky Way.

"BradGuth" wrote in message
On Jan 27, 10:08 am, Jeff?Relf wrote:
Empirically, how cold are " black holes " Bert ?
I'm talking measured temperature, not theory.

Anti-Matter induced gamma-rays from Sagittarius A*,
the purported black hole at the center of the Milky Way,
makes the sun look like an ice cube.

If you want cold, you must go to the outer edge of the Milky Way,
where the cold vacuous dark matter is.

Now way, as a black hole has got to be at least a million fold colder
than any interstellar void. Is there such a thing as -K? (if not,
perhaps there should be)
.. - Brad Guth

So let me get this right, Brad, BHs are far colder than the lowest
temperature in the Universe ?? Oh, I see, that explains the million +
degrees of hot jets of particles ejected for billions of miles along its
rotational axis by matter about to be sucked into the BH.

Black Holes are known for their tremendous gravity. That gravity interprets
into extremely high internal pressures. Any internal pressure creates heat.
So perhaps you could explain to us dummies where the negative (-) absolute
zero temperatures supposedly come from that you claim to exist in a BH.
BTW, the rest of the scientific world seems to believe that the lowest
temperature anywhere in the visible Universe is about 3 degrees above the
absolute, as measured by COBE, with the cute moniker of Cosmic Microwave
Background Radiation..