Old August 5th 05, 11:44 AM
Charles Francis

In message , Oz
writes

Yes, but one must critically also include that its compatible with mond,
and that's astonishing. The fact that it also does away with most
(possibly all) the 'missing matter', and the age problem(s) as well is
astonishing IMHO. Whether his theoretical basis is valid or not, the
phenomenological expression makes one stop and pause and consider it's
significance.

Interestingly enough the theoretical considerations which lead Einstein
to special relativity are all but dropped in other accounts, and it is
generally justified on the basis of its predictions.

Francis, to first order, has our universe as CLOSED.

Possibly closed. But I confess a philosophical prejudice toward closure.

The apparent acceleration goes when the recalculated density of the
universe (approx 4x that currently calculated), combined with the lower
expansion rate (approx half).

No. The density is as it is, but if the universe is expanding at half
the currently accepted rate then critical density for closure is a
quarter the currently accepted value (textbook result).

Regards

--
Charles Francis