Old March 17th 05, 09:55 PM
Pat Flannery

Eric Chomko wrote:

You'd probably miss with a shotgun as well. And I wouldn't advise shooting
a shotgun into a barrel. But that's just me.

Like I said, there's going to be a lot of water flying around. I'd
strongly advise against immersing the shotgun's barrels in the water to
get a better shot at the fish though, because at the least you might
rupture the barrel from the shockwave*, at the most the barrels might
explode from the back pressure.
No, the most efficient way of killing fish in a barrel is by dropping a
handful of Alka-Seltzer in there with them.
This works on minnows kept in a styrofoam ice chest for Caiman food, it
will work in a barrel also.

* Like the little submerged bomb in the concrete sink incident I had
several years ago.

Pat