Old June 26th 03, 08:25 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default More monopole musings (was "What If")

HI oc Very hot here in Florida and those ice cold buds are greatly
needed.Now I know little about monopoles,but I know Guth has worked on
the theory of monopoles and is a person other physicist go to for his
thoughts on them. I know he told his friend Tye when they were
both at Cornel,"If grand unified theories held, magnetic monopoles must
exist. As one of my post I used monopoles having the same negative
charge for all matter particles so they would repel,at the moment of the
BB. You could come up with a theory that gravity is a negative
monopole,and treated all matter as positive(it fits) You mention
lightning oc and that is static electricity,and it is the flow of
electrons and they are negative(did Wolter have this in mind as a
monopole?) Now Guth has the weight of a monopole at a whopping 10,000
trillion times more than a proton. Maybe a graviton is a monopole? To
get rid of all these monopoles that would out number the amount of
protons the universe has today,Guth used his inflation theory to open up
space,that in a split second this inch patch of space bloated into
region as large as the presently observable universe(in the book and are
Guth's thoughts) oc You could say that is the way Guth used his theory
to show you won't find monopoles close to us today,and no accelerator
will ever be built can ever move such a heavy mass. Bert