Old February 12th 05, 05:48 AM
John Schilling

Sander Vesik wrote:
Are there any known issues with running multiple HET
(Hall Effect Thruster) in parallel to get increased
performance? Is it being already used somewhere?

I've seen it done, and it seems to work just fine. Ground tests
only, so far. And I happen to have the paper on my desk.

"The Air Force Clustered Hall Thruster Program", W.A. Hargus Jr and
G. Reed, AIAA-2002-3678, 38th AIAA Joint Propulsion Conference, 2002

--
*John Schilling * "Anything worth doing, *
*Member:AIAA,NRA,ACLU,SAS,LP * is worth doing for money" *