Old May 20th 07, 07:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default ...Lockheed Ruins Eight 123' Coast Guard Cutters!

On Sun, 20 May 2007 14:16:29 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"Jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:24:00 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"Jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in

The Coast Guard has responded to the hammering from lawmakers by
taking oversight of Deepwater from the contractor, Integrated Coast Guard
Systems (ICGS), a joint venture between Lockheed Martin and
Northrop Grumman; canceling the conversions; and making design

There were only two bidders for Orion--Lockheed Martin and Northrop
Grumman.

So your statement of fact means what?

It means that the notion that Northrop Grumman would have been a
better selection, based on your "evidence," is hilariously dumb.

What was your point, if not that?

I see you snipped this part, because it was what I was responding to:

Was Lockheed the better choice, or were they just better connected?