Old September 20th 05, 12:58 AM
abracadabra

"Alex Terrell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Almost agree. It doesn't need colonisation; exploitation would do.

What could we exploit on the moon that would worth the shipping cost (OK, I
know it takes a lot less energy to break lunar orbit than to break terran
orbit, but still!)

And there might be a case for sending manned crew to visit a short list
of chosen base locations, before the base is deployed.

A descent cargo lander could have landed a mobile base, which could
have been crewed on an adhoc basis. As it is, each mission will do just
a little more than Apollo did 50 years before it.

*sigh*
I remember staying up late to see men walk on the moon. I slept through it,
but I'll never forget how everyone in the USA (in my little world of
elementary school) saw everything differently the next day.