Old October 27th 07, 02:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

Default ASTRO: IMPORTANT UPDATE ON COMET

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
et...
I discovered a flaw in my processing flow for the Polarization Difference
Image of the Comet 17 / P Holmes

I have since corrected and have extraordinary results to share. *I am
serious, you must have another look*.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/com...tokes_page.htm

in particular scroll down the page and look at the image that differences
the output of the 90 and 0 degree analyzers:

direct link:

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ima...90-0_crisp.jpg

the structure revealed using this technique is truly remarkable.

I wish I had more than 3366mm focal length available with clear skies
right now (and good seeing too)

Very interesting results, Richard, particularly the image with 90 degree
rotation. In it, I see three central points that make a kind of triangular
arrangement with what appear to be jets emanating from them. Are those
locations of jetting out of the core, or has this object actually
fragmented, and we are seeing three cores in that image? I don't
understand the method you are using and what it is supposed to show, which
is why I ask these questions. I hope they don't appear to be stupid ones.
At any rate, Great work. I assume you are going to publish your results.

George