Old November 23rd 17, 04:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.electronics.design
Albert van der Horst[_2_]

Default Towards the *fully* 3D-printed electric cars.

In sci.physics Fred J. McCall wrote:
wrote:

My estimate is that for all things manufactured parts that can be made
cheaper and faster by conventional means amount to about 99.99%.

And the world will only need 3 computers. Usual Chimp wisdom.

Kiss my ass Red Herring McTroll.

And about the only place where weight matters that much is in things
that fly and in that case useless mass is already gone from the design
without the expense of 3D printing.

That's why we use carbon fiber on cars; because weight doesn't matter.

"Where's the Affordable Carbon Fiber Automobile?"

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/5...er-automobile/

"While the cost of carbon fiber materials and production has declined
in recent decades, it remains prohibitive for anything but limited
applications in niche vehicles."

An other subjective quote from the same article:

"
But for the first time, a handful of 2016 models sold in neighborhood
car dealerships will feature ultralight yet expensive carbon fiber
materials.
"

A large part of the racing bikes sold in the Netherlands are carbon fiber.

So?

--
Jim Pennino

Groetjes Albert