Old January 20th 08, 05:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Default astro: M95 re-done

I was aware that the blues were awol and this is on my rainy day rework
list. I'm still trying to get a grip on processing images with this camera.

Richard Crisp wrote:
nice data and a very interesting object

Like my previous posting to Rick about histograms, you too have some
histogram issues with the data

I took a peek at it in Photoshop and this is what I saw

As you can see on the histogram the blue channel is clipped on the left
(dark) side and the data is overall less in its use of the available dynamic
range. In short it is compressed into a smaller ADU range than the Red and
Green and is skewed to the left (dark) relative to the others.

Your data is good data but I think the image processing is limiting its
potential. If you can reprocess it while paying mind to the histograms I
believe you will have an even nicer image once complete.

John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3