Old July 24th 17, 05:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default History of August's eclipse?

Davoud:
It was Ptolemy. And when he calculated the 2024 eclipse and found that
the two paths would intersect in southern Illinois he named the
crossing point "Koilada Anthraka" after his summer retreat in
Macedonia. That was translated as "Carbondale" when English-speaking
peoples settled in Illinois.

Chris L Peterson:
You are mistaken. I know for a fact that Ptolemy's summer retreat was
a hidden chamber inside the Great Pyramid.

David:
You forget that I lived a stone's throw from the Pyramids at Giza for
four years. Believe me, nobody wants a summer home there.

Chris L Peterson:
I recall it being rather cool inside the pyramid chambers. But in any
case, did you live in Egypt two millennia ago? Because the simple
extrapolation backwards of our climatic trend makes it clear that the
entire area was underneath ice at the time.

That's unproven. And it's circular reasoning, as I am the one who first
devised that hypothesis in my paper "Was Moses an Ice Skater?" Search
arXiv.

As for when I lived in Egypt, I am not at liberty to divulge that.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm