Old September 21st 09, 06:46 PM posted to sci.logic,alt.philosophy,sci.astro,sci.math
dlzc

Default HOW TO VIOLATE THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS

On Sep 20, 1:58*am, Pentcho Valev wrote:
If, before contraction, we add acid (H+) to the
system, the force of contraction and, respectively,
the work gained as the polymer reversibly
contracts increase. Then, just before stretching,
we

.... use fairy magic to ...

remove the added H+ from the system: the force
of contraction and, respectively, the work spent
as we reversibly stretch the polymer decrease. At
the end of the cycle, THE NET WORK GAINED FROM
CONTRACTION AND STRETCHING IS POSITIVE.

Neglecting fairy magic of ion removal.

violates the second law of thermodynamics.

Every one of your posts increases system entropy, apparently to make
up for any gain you imagine.

David A. Smith