Old October 31st 03, 07:50 PM

Default BIG BANG really a Big Bang BUST

In sci.astro Alan Morgan wrote:
It simply arises directly and
obviously out of a misintpretation of the Red Shift as being
due to a Doppler shift.

To what should we ascribe it? Sunburn? Cosmic embarassment? It's believed
to be due to redshift because (a) that fits the facts and (b) none of the
alternatives do.

My, my. Just can't help yourself. Just have to be vain and
arrogant! No wonder Ed feels like he does! :-)

I think in your sentence above you really meant to say that
it [redshift] is due to Doppler shift because (a) that fits the
facts and (b) none of the alternatives do.

Sure, that was apparently the case so far. But once string theory
opened the possiblity of multidimensional reality, one needs
to go back and re-think old views rather than simply make
snide comments to defend traditional theories.

Personally I haven't seen much evidence that the universe is
expanding if one discards red shift data. I think this is
why "tired light" theories are popular (though such light
properties do not appear to have ever been measured).

But then, my hypersphere theory hasn't been "proved" either.
If it were, then why would I be discussing it here?

bjacoby

--
Due to SPAM innundation above address is turned off!