Old January 24th 04, 04:22 PM
Rod Mollise

Default SCT Focal Reducers and Vignetting (explained)

I find it puzzling that people don't expect vignetting. Of course there's
vignetting.

Hi:

Well, of course there is. HOWEVER...with a C8, it doesn't become objectionable
or even noticeable, really until you get to longer focal length eyepieces. The
good part is that with the r/c, you may not need longer focal length eyepieces
(I'm talking the f/6.3 reducer/corrector, the 3.3 is not useable visually).
Even then...well...there's obvious vignetting of the field of the 35mm
Panoptic, but it provides such a nice-looking wide field that I can easily
overlook that.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html