Old April 2nd 06, 08:54 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 01:03:01 +1000, in a place far, far away, "Johnboy"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

I'm a peaceable person with a fine tertiary education who lives in a
very beautiful, sophisticated city of 4 million, in a pleasant,
law-abiding country where the only people who use guns to fight crime
are members of the police force.

I'd take it over any place in the USA were yokel's run around armed to
the teeth, because I know were my family would be safer.

Unfortunately, most poor people feel the same way.

Oddly enough, I'm a peaceful well-travelled person with an extensive
higher education who lives in a very nice, sophisticated city of 12
million, in a pleasant law abiding country where gun ownership is legal
- yes, we call it the USA.

I guess it's just a matter of how well you can configure your life,
versus how much you prefer a spoonfed life where you let mommy and
daddy take care of you - and I can certainly serve up a few more
stereotypes to counter your own stereotypes, unless we agree to deal in
realities.