Old December 8th 04, 10:44 PM

allo allo wrote:
1. I did not expect you to so quickly figure that I figure I have

such
a system.

If you don't think you are at least headed in that directin, the
question is moot.

2. I was not aware that 5g acceleration for a person on their back is
injurious.

It was actually pretty standard for test-pilots. I was more talking
about normal people - your Grandma wouldn't survive it, for example.
Normal people would be extremely uncomfortable, a certain percentage of
the population may have medical emergencies at this level, etc. It
also will not be a pleasant experience for the passenger, even if it is
a test-pilot. (5 Gs is normally excepted as the maximum safe extended
length accelaration, given special suits and seating.)

3. Extraordinary proof of an extraordinary claim - well, exactly. I
didn't think that investors would provide even $100M to build a

system
that they wouldn't understand, that has not been made before, and

that
has no working prototype.

Well, precisely. The trick is figuring out how to prove the system
without actually building it!

4. I don't understand why you think such a 1000kg launch system needs
to be scaled up. I understand that modern sats are pretty light, and

if
you had such a cheap system you could send up people to assemble sats
from 1000kg pieces. Huh?

As others have said, modern sats are pretty big. For a good idea of
what the current market is for various sizes of launch vehicles, go to:

http://ast.faa.gov/rep_study/

Current launch costs are on the order of $10,000/lb. Heavier launchers
are cheaper per lb, smaller launchers (like pegasus) are more
expensive.

-David