Old December 8th 04, 07:48 AM
George William Herbert

allo allo wrote:
1. I did not expect you to so quickly figure that I figure I have such
a system.

Enough episodes of Black Adder and "I have a Cunning Plan" becomes
a predictable part of the script 8-)

Not that your idea may not be feasible. But, you aren't the first
person to have approached the newsgroups that way.

2. I was not aware that 5g acceleration for a person on their back is
injurious.

Actually, it isn't really. People are extremely uncomfortable with
that level of G for a long period of time, but can make orbital
velocity at that accelleration. You don't actually want flat on
your back; the head and back tilted "up" by about 30 degrees has
the best tolerance.

3. Extraordinary proof of an extraordinary claim - well, exactly. I
didn't think that investors would provide even $100M to build a system
that they wouldn't understand, that has not been made before, and that
has no working prototype.

You're going to have to demonstrate the basic physical mechanism
somehow first. $100 million is in the range of what can probably
be scraped up by investors given a good enough business and technical
case being made, though.

4. I don't understand why you think such a 1000kg launch system needs
to be scaled up. I understand that modern sats are pretty light, and if
you had such a cheap system you could send up people to assemble sats
from 1000kg pieces. Huh?

Larger geosynchronous satellites are several tons (4 or more).
One could make them in orbitally assembleable parts, given easy
access to orbit for someone to do the assembly.

Manned space station components now are 20-25 tons, though again
you could reengineer into smaller components for most of the
applications if need be.

So, what's the idea?

-george william herbert