Old September 9th 04, 08:39 AM
Derek Lyons

(Christian Ramos) wrote:
my understanding is that for the USA to undertake a lunar landing now
would require development from scratch of many technologies.

Your understanding is 110% incorrect. Like many folks you confuse
'not having hardware' with 'not having technology'. (It;s forgivable
though, as many people far smarter than you are also so confused
because of the *******ization of the term over the last decade or so.)

Is it your contention, that the apollo spacesuit could still be
produced in the US without having to redevelop it from scratch?

No, that's not my contention. You confuse adapting known techniques
and systems to modern (I.E. 40 years after Apollo) practices and
materials with development from scratch.

You could argue this is just a sympton of the ongoing decline in the
USA's scientific and technology, but it's more likely driven by the
hectic pace at the time of apollo launches and the termination of the
program.

I'd argue neither point, because both are utter and laughable
nonsense.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.