Old September 2nd 04, 09:54 AM
Vello

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"Vello" wrote:
Just one strange idea: mankind don't have now space capabilities

comparable
what we had 30 years ago. It seems it is first time mankind is "dropping
back" in technology - or is there some other examples in history (well

there
was a time after collapse of Roman Empire when a lot of technologies were
lost, but my post is about last 200-400 years)

Nice thesis, but it founders on the rocks of reality. There isn't a
capability that we had thirty years ago that we know don't have.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Well, but we are in progress. Knowledge how to make concrete instead of
bricks-stones was lost surely some period later then last Roman concrete
building was erected:-) Today we have yet capabilities, but we lack will.
Situation well comparable with last centuries of Pax Romana when people turn
more on "dolce vita". And just by facts - at least for last centuries any
generation had have in use technologies superior to what last generation
had. Today we can't travel faster then 40 years ago, we can't go to Moon or
in the deepest point of sea. Well, we think we could do all that if we will.
But, probably, there is something wrong just with our "will". We don't will
to go further any more?